Under the supervision of the Project Director, the Community Coordinator will be responsible for conducting community Padres Comprometidos workshops building the capacity of parents understand and manage their children at home. These services contribute to the effective coordination and delivery of services to parents that will increase and enhance parents’ capacity to be the primary educators of their youth. Key Responsibilities:
1. Padres Comprometidos curriculum facilitation:
• Plan and deliver community weekly meeting with parents.
• Plan, arrange and deliver other workshops that help to meet program success.
2. Outreach and recruit at least 45 parents a year.
3. Identify, recruit and supervise Community Assistants.
4. Community Partnership Development:
• Search, build and maintain partnership with local agencies, organizations and companies in the area to better serve the community.
5. Data and Outcome management:
• Develop and control deadlines, client data, budget and activities to meet program objectives, outcomes and maintain data integrity.
6. Family Referrals.
7. Develop and deliver family integration Activities.
Knowledge, skills and abilities, including utilization of equipment, required for the position:
1. Bachelor’s degree on social work, Psychology or similar or Associate degree with 2 years of experience on community work.
2. Experience organizing, coordinating, and managing community projects.
3. Comfortable. Dynamic, resourceful public speaker
4. Bilingual, exceptional Spanish written and verbal communications skills, Fluency in English conversation, comprehension and writing.
5. Independent and self-motivated but able to work in teams.
6. Comfortable and effective working with diverse populations
7. Ability to use technology and social media to maintain accurate and appropriate documentation, such as excel, power point and word, zoom, WhatsApp, Facebook.
Please send your Resume to: Maria.Garavito@hispanicservicescouncil.org