Scope and Key Responsibilities:Under the supervision of La Red de Padres Project Director, Family Support Facilitator will be responsible for providing family support services to families with youth who are in 5th grad- 8th grade. The Family Support Coordinator will work with families to connect them to adequate services and supports, design and modify service plans with specific goals, , and track ongoing progress towards program goals. Facilitator will also develop and implement family integration activities within the five target communities: Plant City, Wimauma, Drew Park, Brandon, and North Tampa.
Essential responsibilities1. Provide family support services, conduct home visits, and provide school accompaniment with parents who request.
2. Coordinate and refer clients to appropriate community partners for services in areas of need.
3. Provide concrete supports services to address client’s needs.
4. Provide transition support for children changing schools.
5. Maintain up to date client case notes, history, and data, utilizing best practices to keep client information confidential.
6. Work collaboratively with Community Coordinators to successfully meet program outcomes.
7. Access ASO funds in collaboration with Children’s Board of Hillsborough County, as payor of last resort to secure needed items to support client’s needs.
8. Attend all required staff meetings and on-going trainings.
9. Maintain professional boundaries.
Servs as representative of HSC and the Network of Active Parents with community partners regarding program as needed.
RequirementsEducation and Experience: A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in the human services field and two years of work experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Skill Requirements:· Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.· Must be able to work within a multi-disciplinary team framework.· Strong interpersonal skills.· Dependability and demonstrates maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences in clients served.· Ability to handle job related matters in a professional, diplomatic, and confidential manner.· Willing to work with minimal supervision yet be able to accept direction.· Well organized and detail oriented.· Demonstrates computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.· Requires oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English and the ability to write reports and conduct and participate in meetings.
Other:Must pass applicable employment screening and demonstrate legal authorization to work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 - $35,000.00 per year
Benefits:Flexible scheduleHealth insurance Paid time off Retirement plan
Schedule:8 hour shift
COVID-19 considerations: follow CDC recommendations
Experience:Social work/Community work: 1 year (Required)
Language:Spanish (Required)English (Required)
Work Location: On the road
Send Cover Letter and Resume to Maria.Garavito@hispanicservicescouncil.org