Salary: $28,000 to $30,000 Annually
Position/ Key Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Team Lead, Early Childhood Development Specialist will coordinate and carry out LISTOS! project activities and logistics to ensure outcomes are achieved.
This position has 3 main Activities: ASQ Screenings, Parenting Skills Workshops, Reading Circles.
1. ASQ Screenings
• Child developmental screenings performed on children 0-5 years of age services in locations that are convenient to where they live or where children go to school.
• Provide information and referral to community resources that address identified developmental delays.
• Work with parents/caregivers to ensure that their children are developmentally on track and prepared to enter kindergarten. ASQ results will be reviewed with the parent and provide guidance and activities for parents to work with their children at home at their own pace on all developmental stages.
• Assist in the development of partnerships with community organizations, attend meetings and events to promote the program.
2. Parenting Skills Workshops
• Plan and deliver weekly community parenting skills workshops twice a year with parents and children (in person and virtually)
Identify, recruit, and supervise Community Assistants who will assist in the implementation of workshop with outreach and activities for children.
3. Reading Circles
• Plan and deliver weekly reading circles twice a year with parents and children who have participated in the Parenting Skills workshops.
• Minimum experience of one year with nonprofit or community-based organizations preferably working with low‐income individuals, families, and communities.
• Associate or bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Social Work or Psychology or related field.
• Strong bilingual (Spanish and English) written and verbal communication skills required
• Independent and self-motivated but able to work in teams.
• Comfortable and effective working with diverse populations and with children.
Preferred Skill Sets
• Ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders and to cultivate and maintain positive, mutually beneficial relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to initiate, organize, prioritize, and work independently on multi-step, detail-oriented projects.
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
To apply, please email Maria Garavito at Maria.email@example.com.