Salary: $32,000 Annually
Organizational History and Background Description:
Established in 1992, Hispanic Services Council’s mission is to increase access and opportunities for Latinos and influence the systems that serve them. HSC is a private, non-profit organization whose work focuses on developing opportunities that result in an educated, healthy, prosperous, and engaged Latino community. To achieve our mission and purpose, our programs focus on increasing the academic performance of Latino children through parental involvement, improving healthy living and nutrition, and improving the quality of life through civic engagement of Latinos at all levels in our community.
Under the supervision of the Project Director, the Community Coordinator will be responsible for conducting community Padres Comprometidos workshops building the capacity of parents understand and manage their youth at home.
These services contribute to the effective coordination and delivery of services to parents that will increase and enhance parents’ capacity to be the primary educators of their children.
1. Padres Comprometidos curriculum facilitation:
· Plan and deliver community weekly meeting with parents.
· Plan, arrange and deliver other workshops that help to meet program success.
2. Outreach and recruit at least 45 parents a year.
3. Identify, recruit and supervise Community Assistants.
4. Community Partnership Development:
· Search, build and maintain partnership with local agencies, organizations and companies in the area to better serve the community.
5. Data and Outcome management:
· Develop and control deadlines, client data, budget and activities to meet program objectives, outcomes and maintain data integrity.
6. Develop and deliver family integration Activities.
Knowledge, skills and abilities, including utilization of equipment, required for the position:
1. Bachelor’s degree on social work, Psychology or similar or Associate degree with 2 years of experience on community work.
2. Experience organizing, coordinating, and managing community projects.
3. Comfortable. Dynamic, resourceful public speaker
4. Bilingual, exceptional Spanish written and verbal communications skills, English proficiency high.
5. Independent and self-motivated but able to work in teams.
6. Comfortable and effective working with diverse populations
7. Ability to use technology and social media to maintain accurate and appropriate documentation, such as excel, power point and word, zoom, WhatsApp, Facebook.
Please send cover letter and Resume to Maria.Garavito@hispanicservicescouncil.org